At Tofel Dent Construction, we are proud of the reputation we have built throughout Arizona, California and New Mexico as a third-party general contractor specializing in multi-family housing, hospitality, and commercial construction. Throughout our 35 years in business, we have developed our company culture around core values such as respect, accountability, communication and safety and continue to promote those values as our company grows.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in the construction industry, we are seeking an entry-level Estimator in our Tucson office. The selected candidate will assist with a variety of estimating functions in support of commercial, multi-family housing and hospitality projects with the goal of obtaining accurate quotes and ensuring a positive subcontractor bid experience.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets all architectural, structural, MEP (mechanical/electrical/plumbing) and specialty systems drawing and specifications to apply to estimating model and design build estimates.
- Reviews project schedule and phasing requirements to apply to estimating model.
- Identifies general condition needs such as site personnel and materials needed in order to successfully implement and complete project as well as develop an accurate quote.
- Assists in the development of project budget estimates.
- Prepares accurate on-screen “take off” estimates using Planswift
- Compiles a list of relevant subcontractors (3 per trade) per project scope and may assist in developing and communicating subcontractor scope of work (SOW).
- Contacts subcontractors and suppliers to create project interest, communicate RFP and send out bid invites.
- Attends pre-bid conferences and project walk throughs to gather additional project information
- Participates in project turnover and set up with operations team.
- Participates in post project reviews.
- Associates degree or equivalent years’ experience required.
- 2 years’ experience desired delivering a range of estimates for commercial and hospitality construction projects.
- Knowledge of and the ability to independently operate standard office equipment and software applications (i.e. MS Office).
- Familiarity with take-off software (i.e. Bluebeam/Planswift).
- Familiarity in reading project blueprints and specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize, meet reporting and other deadlines and manage data and information effectively.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to read and interpret charts and graphs.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company-paid group term life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation/sick time